End-User Non-commercial License Agreement for I-TASSER
PROGRAM: I-TASSERTM Software ("PROGRAM")
This Agreement is made by and between The Regents of The University of Michigan,
a constitutional corporation of the State of Michigan, ("MICHIGAN") and LICENSEE.
- LICENSEE desires to obtain, and MICHIGAN, consistent with its mission of education
and research, desires to grant, a license to use the PROGRAM subject to the terms and
conditions set forth below; and
- "DERIVATIVE WORKS" shall mean all works developed by LICENSEE which would be
characterized as derivative works of the PROGRAM under the United States Copyright
Act of 1976, or subsequent revisions thereof, specifically including, but not
limited to, translations, abridgments, condensations, recastings, transformations,
or adaptations of the PROGRAM, or works consisting of editorial revisions, annotations,
elaborations, or other modifications of the PROGRAM. The term "DERIVATIVE WORKS" shall
not include those derivative works that are developed by MICHIGAN.
The parties therefore agree as follows:
MICHIGAN hereby grants to LICENSEE a royalty-free, non-exclusive, non-transferable
right to use, copy, and create DERIVATIVE WORKS of, the PROGRAM, solely for non-commercial,
education, or research purposes, in executable and source code form, and subject to the
terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- LIMITATION OF LICENSE AND RESTRICTIONS
- LICENSEE shall not use, print, copy, translate, reverse engineer, decompile,
disassemble, modify, create derivative works of or publicly display the PROGRAM,
in whole or in part, unless expressly authorized by this Agreement.
- LICENSEE agrees that it shall use the PROGRAM only for LICENSEE'S sole and exclusive use, and shall not disclose, sell, license, or otherwise distribute the PROGRAM to any third party without the prior written consent of MICHIGAN. LICENSEE shall not assign this Agreement, and any attempt by LICENSEE to assign it shall be void from the beginning. LICENSEE agrees to secure and protect the PROGRAM and any copies in a manner consistent with the maintenance of MICHIGAN'S rights in the PROGRAM and to take appropriate action by instruction or agreement with its employees who are permitted access to the PROGRAM in order to satisfy LICENSEE'S obligations under this Agreement.
- TITLE AND OWNERSHIP
- No ownership rights of MICHIGAN in the PROGRAM are conferred upon LICENSEE by this Agreement.
- LICENSEE acknowledges MICHIGAN'S proprietary rights in the PROGRAM and agrees to reproduce all copyright notices supplied by MICHIGAN on all copies of the PROGRAM, and on all PROGRAM outputs and copies of PROGRAM outputs.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MICHIGAN DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE PROGRAM WILL MEET LICENSEE'S REQUIREMENTS OR THAT OPERATION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. MICHIGAN shall not be liable for special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages with respect to any claim on account of or arising from this Agreement or use of the PROGRAM, even if MICHIGAN has been or is hereafter advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states do not allow certain exclusions or limitations on implied warranties or of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above exclusions may not apply to LICENSEE. In no event, however, will MICHIGAN be liable to LICENSEE, under any theory of recovery, in an amount in excess of the license royalty paid by LICENSEE under this Agreement.
- LICENSEE agrees that MICHIGAN has no obligation to provide to LICENSEE any maintenance, support, or update services. Should MICHIGAN provide any revised versions of the PROGRAM to LICENSEE, LICENSEE agrees that this license agreement shall apply to such revised versions.
- WARRANTY OF LICENSEE
LICENSEE warrants and represents that it will carefully review any documentation or instructional material provided by MICHIGAN and that it is aware that the PROGRAM is not intended to be a diagnostic tool.
If LICENSEE at any time fails to abide by the terms of this Agreement, MICHIGAN shall have the right to immediately terminate the license granted herein, require the return or destruction of all copies of the PROGRAM from LICENSEE and certification in writing as to such return or destruction, and pursue any other legal or equitable remedies available.
- OBLIGATIONS OF THE PARTIES
- LICENSEE shall report to MICHIGAN of any errors, difficulties or
other problems with Licensed Program.
The Developers and MICHIGAN are permitted to use any information LICENSE
provide in making changes to the PROGRAM.
Such reports shall be sent to
The Yang Zhang Lab
Department of Computational Medicine & Bioinformatics
The University of Michigan
100 Washtenaw Avenue, 2035B
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-2218
- This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan. Should LICENSEE for any reason bring a claim, demand, or other action against MICHIGAN, its agents or employees, arising out of this Agreement or the PROGRAM licensed herein, LICENSEE agrees to bring said claim only in the Michigan Court of Claims.
- THIS AGREEMENT REPRESENTS THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN MICHIGAN AND LICENSEE AND SUPERSEDES ALL PRIOR AGREEMENTS, PROPOSALS, REPRESENTATIONS AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, VERBAL OR WRITTEN, BETWEEN THEM WITH RESPECT TO USE OF THE PROGRAM. THIS AGREEMENT MAY BE MODIFIED ONLY WITH THE MUTUAL WRITTEN APPROVAL OF AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES OF THE PARTIES.
- The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall prevail notwithstanding any different, conflicting, or additional terms or conditions which may appear in any purchase order or other document submitted by LICENSEE. LICENSEE agrees that such additional or inconsistent terms are deemed rejected by MICHIGAN.
- Unless otherwise exempt therefrom, LICENSEE agrees that it will be responsible for any sales, use or excise taxes imposed by any governmental unit in this transaction except income taxes.
- LICENSEE acknowledges that the PROGRAM is of United States origin. Licensee agrees to comply with all applicable international and national laws that apply to the PROGRAM, including the United States Export Administration Regulations, as well as end-user, end-use, and destination restrictions issued by the United States.
- MICHIGAN and LICENSEE agree that any xerographically or electronically reproduced copy of this fully-executed agreement shall have the same legal force and effect as any copy bearing original signatures of the parties.
End-user Information (*=required field.
Please fill the information carefully,
and all terms will be manually
varified before a license can be granted)
It may take up to 3 days to process your request.
If you do not hear from us within 3 days,
please contact us via email@example.com.
It is possible that our notification email was filtered
out by your email security system since the email was send out
automatically by computer.)