problem in running demo

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.

Moderator: robpearc

ladimafakher

problem in running demo

Post by ladimafakher »

to whom it may concern
I am Ladan Mafakher, an Assistant professor at Jundishapur University of Medical Sciences. I would like to use the standalone version of Demo. so I downloaded the Demo package with its dependencies according to the readme file that exists on the Demo website. I have some problems putting dependency files (uniclust30, uniref90, and metaclust). In run_demo2.py these files were located in the local library directory in the Demo package but I could not find any local library in the Demo package. so I created the local library folder in the Demo package and I put all files in this folder(figure1). is that correct? where should I put these files?
Then I started to run the demo according to read me file with the example file that was put in the Demo package but I faced this error"Use the given template to guide the assembly. there is 0 (<2) domain in /media/ravis/data/DEMO/1dquA/1dquA(Figure2 and Figure3). what is the problem and how can I solve it?
I thank you if you help me with this issue.
best regards
Attachments
figure3.png
figure3.png (192.78 KiB) Viewed 6128 times
Figure2.png
Figure2.png (99.18 KiB) Viewed 6128 times
figure1.png
figure1.png (220.24 KiB) Viewed 6128 times
xiaogenz

Re: problem in running demo

Post by xiaogenz »

Hello Ladan Mafakher,

As the "README.txt" file described, you also should download NR database and multi-domain protein structure library from the DEMO download page. It is correct to create a folder to save all the library, but you should change the corresponding variables in lines 55-59 of "runDEMO.py".

In addition, the correct usage of DEMO is "$pkgdir/run_DEMO2.py protein_name input_dir sequence [Options]", where 'input_dir' is a folder contains dom1.pdb, dom2.pdb. However, the 'input_dir' is missed when you run DEMO, resulting in the program unable to find your query domains in PDB format.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks,
Xiaogen