Information regarding restraint files generated and used by I-TASSER standalone program

This forum is shown on the index page along with all topics.

Moderator: robpearc

rupesh

Information regarding restraint files generated and used by I-TASSER standalone program

Post by rupesh »

Hello!
I am looking for information regarding restraint files that are generated from the threading templates viz., comb.dat, comb8CA.dat, combCA.dat, dist.dat, distL.dat, and par.dat. I know that these files are generated by mkinit.pl program which also has some information regarding them in the commented lines. But I want to learn more about them without having to parse the code line by line. I would be grateful if I can be pointed in the direction of that information Or someone who knows can post it right here. Either way, thanks in advance.
jlspzw

Re: Information regarding restraint files generated and used by I-TASSER standalone program

Post by jlspzw »

generally, comb*.dat are contact restraints from the templates, dist*.dat are distance restraints from templates. combCA.dat and distL.dat comb8CA.dat are CA contact or distance.,comb.dat and dist.dat are side-chain center contact and distance. combCA.dat are contacts with distance<6A, comb8CA.dat are contacts with distance<8A. I would suggest you carefully read the code in mkresmod to make all things more clearly.
matumbrella

Re: Information regarding restraint files generated and used by I-TASSER standalone program

Post by matumbrella »

In protein structure prediction and modeling, restraint files such as comb.dat,geometry dash comb8CA.dat, combCA.dat, dist.dat, distL.dat, and par.dat are crucial for guiding the modeling process by incorporating information from threading templates. These files are typically generated by scripts or programs designed to prepare input data for structural modeling algorithms.
andreas

Post by andreas »

To clarify matters, I recommend reading the code in mkresmod thoroughly.
geometry dash